What Information Do We Collect About Our Customers?
- The information we learn from customers helps us enhance and personalize the website and the services we offer. We gather the following types of information:
- Information You Give Us. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way (e.g., by telephone). This may include information you provide when you register as a member, engage in transactions, search, contact customer service, or social media or other features or services offered by us. As a result, you may be supplying us with such information as your name, address and phone numbers; credit/debit card numbers, expiration date and other billing information; people to whom purchases will be shipped, including addresses and phone numbers; purchase history; and names and email addresses of friends, possible Refer-a-Friend customers and other people.
- Automatic Information. We automatically receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, as most websites do, we use "cookies" and other technologies to obtain certain types of information when your computer, mobile phone or other device (each, a "Device") accesses our website. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis, and it may include the Website's Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. Other examples of automatic information we may collect are purchase history, products viewed or searched for, visits to certain pages and page interaction information. We associate the information we store in cookies with personally identifiable information you submit while on any of our Stores. During some visits, we may also collect technical information from your Device to help us identify your Device for fraud prevention purposes.
- We use small text files called "cookies" that provide non-personally identifiable information to us regarding visitors to the website. In addition to the URL and IP addresses of our visitors, cookies may be used to gather the date and time of all visits to our Stores. We may also track the pages of our Stores that users viewed during their visit, or track search terms entered on our Stores by that visitor. This helps us keep track of the number of visitors to our Stores and allows us to gauge the areas that are of the most interest to our visitors.
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect and Do We Share the Information We Receive?
- Information about our customers is an important part of our business. We use information we collect from the website to communicate with you, to process your orders, to provide an enhanced and more personalized interactive shopping experience, to facilitate your transactions with our third party marketing partners and to inform you of offers and discounts. For example, you can expect to receive a welcoming email to confirm your username and password. Additionally, we communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request and to manage your account. We also send service-related announcements on occasions such as when we need to temporarily suspend a website, App or other service for maintenance. We also will send you promotional emails on occasion. Generally, you may not opt out of service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to terminate your account.
- How Secure Is the Personal Information You Collect?
- We have taken precautions, including the deployment of technological resources and the use of firewalls, systems and procedures, to protect the security of your personal information. When you enter credit card information on our Stores, we may store it so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you order, but we encrypt it when storing. While no security system is absolutely foolproof, we are constantly reviewing, refining and upgrading our security technology to protect your privacy. When you open an account with one of our Stores, you are issued a password by which to access and secure your account and account information. Although we have taken these precautions, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password, which should not be disclosed by you. When using a shared Device, always be sure to sign off when finished.
- Changing Your Personal Information
- You may review, change or correct your personally identifying information at any time by accessing your account information on the website or calling us at the contact information below. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy and completeness of your personal and other information, including your email address, and we urge you to review your information regularly to ensure that it is correct and complete.
- Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
- Contact Us
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at AKR Corporation, please contact us at email@example.com